As a new mum, you need time to heal and regain strength after delivering baby.
Over the last 9 months of pregnancy and during delivery, your body has undergone a lot of changes. Our specialist physiotherapists here at LWF can get you on the road to recovery, to help you feel like YOU again.
In the first 6 weeks after having a baby, the main goal is to allow the body to heal and RECOVER. It is important to get plenty of sleep and rest as much as you can. Your physiotherapist can advice you on the best exercises for these early days, which usually aim to get the body moving and begin some simple abdominal and pelvic floor muscles strengthening.
After this initial recovery stage, your physiotherapist can guide you into the RESTORE phase. During a Mom Time appointment, our Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist will guide you through the functional rehabilitation of your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles. We will screen for different musculoskeletal issues and formulate a plan to help you get back to what you love doing most.
At LWF out Mom Time appointments include:
- Assessment and recovery plan for stomach muscles.
- Assessment and treatment plan for pelvic floor muscles.
- Screening for bladder, bowel, or sexual dysfunction.
- Review of any physical and functional issues arising from pregnancy and childbirth.
- Tailor-made recovery plan designed for you, your lifestyle, and your wellness goals, whether that’s to get back to weight training, running or simply running around after the kids.